Asked by Anonymous
they considered backing a plan to privatize social security if gay couples could get benefits
they hire hedge fund managers who donate to republicans and make their money by preying on developing countries, and they’re perfectly cool with
and like. more broadly speaking, they’re a gay rights group that only cares about marriage, which is SO FAR from being the most important issue to the queer community!! they don’t want to talk about homelessness, about suicide, about unemployment, about assault, about mental illness, about how our queerness intersects with race or income or ability level - the things that are literally killing us. gay marriage is an issue that only concerns folks who are privileged enough to be in a place where they’re able to get married. gay marriage doesn’t help the queer kids on the street, doesn’t help trans folks, doesn’t help people like me.
i’m not here for any group that only caters to rich white gays, and i’m not here for assimilationists, i’m not here for activists who don’t challenge oppressive power structures, and i’m sure as hell not here for anyone who says they’re fighting for my human rights and leaves out the most vulnerable people in my community
I just got another ask about why HRC sucks - here you go guys.
- Child of Rage: A documentary about a young girl who was sexually abused when she was a year old. She has a desire to murder her entire family and carries out numerous disturbing tasks.
- The Scariest Drug in the World: Scopolamine is a drug that when taken keeps a person coherent but makes them open to follow commands. It’s been used to make people steal, as a rape drug and a way to humiliate people. It’s known as a “chemical hypnosis”. This film documents people’s experience with it.
- Demonic Possession and Exorcism: The footage you are about to witness contains highly disturbing material.
- An Interview with a Cannibal: An interview with a man named, Issei Sagawa who committed a pretty horrific crime. He butchered and raped a young Dutch women because he wanted to absorb her “energy”. He spent 3 days consuming her flesh.
- The Bridge: A film on the Golden Gate Bridge, which captures the number of suicides. Many describe it as a powerful documentary, that leaves a lasting impression.
- High on Crack Street: Shows just how badly crack ruins lives. A great portrayal of the harsh, dark side of drugs.
- Aokigahara/Suicide Forest: A geologist walks through the forest and shows us what he sees. Definitly contains some depressing material.
- Atomic Wounds: The effect of a nuclear weapon on a mass number of people. It’s disheartening, it’s horrifying, but it’s reality.
- Just Melvin, Just Evil: A documentary about a tormented family who suffered from sexual abuse and substance abuse because of one man. It leaves you wondering how can one man be so destructive?
- Earthlings: One of the most intense documentaries made about animal abuse. Footage contains graphic material.
Feel free to add to this list :)
gotta watch em all gotta watch em all